Labels

Friday 19 April 2013

First Teaching Experience as a trainee Part 1

Actually I was never so much afraid of teaching a class and even sometimes feel that teaching is in my genes. Earlier I have explained concepts to my friends and then I became so sure that I have this capability in myself.
The course which I am indulged into (B.Ed.) "forces" every student to undergo a teaching experience for 40 days in a school, not 40 days continuously but 4 days in school and Monday & Friday lectures in college (per week).
Things become much more complicated and difficult when you know that you are judged in this regard. I fortunately got a government school to teach, fortunate because I can see a lot of benefit in having government school students to teach :

  • You will find your actual capabilities in extremely adverse conditions without any facilities in a government school.
  • You will be facing the exact scenario of the atmosphere which the children of your society are experiencing.
  • A small benefit of mine - "Hindi" being the medium of transaction and my mother tongue makes my job of curriculum transaction easier.


But yes, everything has its own negative side - The principal of the school as one of her own kind who considered everyone else as inferior. She was living just for her own prestige without thinking about the betterment of students or even teachers for that matter. She herself used to arrive in school in a nice big car and used to be fully loaded with makeup and stepping an hour late into the school but she could never tolerate her teachers and students coming late. I have seen her slapping a girl fiercely and shutting the gate of school in front of a teacher and not letting her in for this reason. So you may very well understand that when the roots of the institution are this much damaged morally then expecting the ultimate goal of education - character building - is impossible.

But yes We as teacher can still try our best to set an ideal example in front of our students so that they may get inspired from us and give us sincere and morally sound educated citizens of India.

3 comments:

  1. I beg to differ on one point. It is not the roots of the institution, it is the roots of the society. That is where the institution derives its culture.

    I know you will carry the attitude you showed in your last paragraph all through your career, despite the system, for a brighter future of young minds and young India.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, It is "roots of societ".. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey i want to go for B.Ed from DU. I reached your blog, read, got impressed and now want some advice, rather guidance. Like you i've got teaching in my genes. Kindly tell me the procedure of getting into, how many year course it is(with variations), the life and if the experience was worth it.
    Read all your texts, you are a philosopher. Carry on!

    ReplyDelete