Labels

Friday 31 May 2013

Marriages these days - Arranged for love or money ?


(Real Life Experiences)

This is the ultimate question. And raising this question I have totally ignored the concept of Love Marriage as for half of the population Love Marriage is morally incorrect. Also, Arranged Marriage vs. Love Marriage is an old debatable issue, hence not going further into it.

Lets talk about marriage as a whole without categorizing it.

Citing an example from real world one of my relative happened to marry a financially sound man working in a hotel for 6-7 years now, having good property both in town and in village, he even owns a factory of some sort. Overall a well-qualified and a wealthy man. On the other hand, the girl is just 12th passed and her father belongs to an upper-middle class.
So, I asked the groom, Why her?
His answer was, "I don't like girls wearing jeans or western clothes so I was mentally prepared that I want a village girl who should be good at speaking Hindi at least and nothing else".

Ok now, what i could conclude about this marriage - Groom wanted such a bride who is not a degree holder and hence won't shout for a job and just sit at home. She would be inferior to him and consider her husband as God, take care of family and rituals etc.
(Here, I want to make it clear that they even demanded approximately 10 lakh as Shagun, yes, "Dowry" in our terms).
To my exclaim, everyone in my house could not see what I was looking at! I am not wrong. Am I?

Marriages are still based on money and not quality and compatibility. And parents want to decide 'everything' themselves!

Here comes one more example.
This had happened some 12 years ago. After 2 years of marriage, a wife after fighting with her husband suddenly started saying again again "Return back my 4 lakh rupees which my father gave to you at the time of marriage and I would just leave from here". I don't know she was tutored from where regarding all this. I was just 9 years old and these lines got stuck into my head. I still remember it completely.

Grow up guys!
You are having a relationship based on love and respect or based on money?
And parents want to decide everything themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment