Labels

Saturday 8 June 2013

First Rain of the season for a common man


And after much patience and burning heat, here comes an evening which comforted us all the way.

I was in my room and exactly at 4:30 I noticed the color of the day, somewhat dull outside my window. It left me wide awake and I couldn't stop myself from smiling continuously looking at the beauty of the weather outside. I just ran towards the terrace.

I noticed at first that it was a dust storm. The color of the sky was light red or brown or wait! Was it the color of the sky or layer of dust engulfing the sky? And a ferocious wind started blowing. At first it was hot but slowly the hotness melted down and I could sense a cool wind, although it brought lots of dust along with it. And I could notice a tired and somewhat scared face of my mother who surely was thinking about the trouble she was going to have cleaning up the entire house afterwards.

I thought it would stop here. But no.

I was given the privilege of enjoying rain by the almighty. It was raining a good amount but I could not feel the droplets uniformly on me. As of course the wind was playing with the droplets changing its direction every now and then. It was fun watching this cute game of the wind and the rain droplets.

But still, it didn't stop here.

It started raining heavily with the equal intensity of wind. Alas! I had to step into the small room on my terrace as I was there with my 'mortal' diary.

But then Mom rushed towards the terrace and reached me in no time saying "Is it a snowfall anyway?". And exactly then one dazzling piece of ice was noticed resting on my hand. What a feeling it was! Mom (just like me) loved ice-fall (snowfall would be a big term for a place like Delhi where just 30 seconds of falling of pieces of Ice here and there is generally observed) and always used to see it happening running towards either the front gate or the terrace. And the same happened this time as well.
I was extremely speechless looking at her when she was playing with those few pieces of ice and smiling on her own. The best feeling for a daughter watching her mother rejoicing the weather like a kid. Wow!

It continued for further 10 minutes and then ultimately it all came to a halt.

Its exactly 5:30 now. As I am sitting here writing what all I felt till now, I can still hear the thunder clearly and I suppose I can get a showery weather anytime again In My City!

No comments:

Post a Comment