Labels

Thursday 26 February 2015

Chilled Winter Night!! - Short story

This is a short story!! It would just need a moment from your life.

"Chilled winter night!"

"Please come down to the college corridor from your RajMahal. Its urgent," a male voice repeated after I denied him the umpteenth time.

My chilled night of winters which should be spent lying under covers, was instead being wasted by this man so very ruthlessly. It was a call from him at 1 O' clock sharp that killed my sleep that night. Moron!

Trying to register everything, coping up with chilled winds, sitting on that very cot of mine, I cursed him inaudibly, and to an extent that he again called me back.
"Gaali kyun de rahi hai? Its just a night sleep of yours that I ruined, at least this much you can do for me," he said mischievously.

"Yaa right. I am coming, just stay there," I said, with a 'whatever' tinge in my voice.
But deep inside, I wanted to say much more then that tacky 'whatever' which was just a way to hide my emotions.
And how do I exactly tell him, that I could do any damn thing for him? Forget about just one night, I could spend all those coming nights waiting for his call.

Amidst those slumberous thoughts of mine I reached at his specified location in the corridor where he was already waiting for me.
As soon as he saw me coming, a wide smile scattered on his face. He clasped my wrist and began dragging me till somewhere.

"Have you gone crazy? What exactly are you trying to do?" I asked him narrowing my eyes, walking with him.
"Patience girl!" He grinned.
"If its your prank or anything, be prepared, coz I am going to break your bones," I glared at him, and he just wrapped my shoulders with his arm in response as we continued walking.

He led me out of the building into the lawn. I still had no idea what he was trying to do. But as we moved forward I spotted something there in the middle of the lawn and my eyes gleamed with an unsaid joy, as I looked at him with welled up eyes and he just smiled back lovingly in response.

"You remembered?" I asked.
"Of course, I cannot even dare to forget it ever," he chuckled.

No it wasn't a cake or something, it was actually a small bonfire, surrounded by mats and beside it was placed two cups of tea. Night could never have been this beautiful!
I just hugged him with all my might chipping lots of 'Thank yous' in just one breathe, and he engulfed me tight as a sign of accepting those Thank you's that very moment.
That cup of tea merged with his care and affection and my laughter was the best tea I had ever sipped down my throat.
Nobody could have done what He had done for me in this small span of friendship.

Next morning, at probably 8 O' clock I woke up with the sound of my alarm clock. As I stretched my hand towards my phone to wish him a good morning, I saw a message already flashing in there.

"I am going out with Richa today. Try n mark my proxy in today's classes".

Oh yes, his girlfriend!

My best friend was going out with his beloved girlfriend. I should be happy, no?
That's a different reality that I loved him, I had infused his love into my soul long back. I wished him to be mine but that never happened.
He loved me I know, he did everything for me which I had ever anticipated I know, but We Were Best Friends, and nothing more.

Well, I was happy that he was in love, and that his love was in his arms, unlike mine.
*********

Thank you so much for reading this shot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment