Labels

Wednesday 18 March 2015

Mom!!


This wouldn't be a long bulleted list depicting the sacrifices that one's mother makes in her life, nor would it go about the rights a mother has beside her duties towards her family. These few lines go for my mother and her unconditional love.

She was a strict mother till my stepping into adolescence. I mean, she used to pull me off those gully crickets, she used to thrash me with a comb for every lie that I had spoken, she used to pierce me inside out with her eyes for every time I used to hide things from her.
But I loved her, for every time she made me cry, she herself cried silently locking herself up in the washroom. I saw her wiping her tears many-a-times. And believe me, nothing hurts more than seeing tears in your Mom's eyes.

Things have changed from then, time has carried us a bit far, where we're self-sufficient and we can live our life on our own terms.
I still remember the day, 4 years back, I had told Mummy that I feel like wearing that sort of Jaipuri Dupatta. The next day we searched the entire market for that but failed drastically.
I assured her that I was Ok, and I won't die if we didn't have that dupatta. But she being Mummy, she rang her entire neighbourhood and cousins and in-laws, and I had that thing in my room within a week. Although it has got withered after I used it frantically for these four years, and I need a new one.. But that's a different story.
I told her few days back that I wish to have rasgullas. I am not at all foody, but sometimes even deserts see rains. I said and I forgot, but she fetch me the Bengali sweet the very next day, and I could do nothing but smile idiotically at her saying, "Maine toh Aise hi kahaa tha".
This list is endless!

She never took a back seat whenever it comes to my choices, specially now, when she can afford those small wishes of mine, whether it be my food habits or anything. The best part lies in the fact that she remembers everything I say. I mean, I don't even remember my own wish list, but she remembers mine.

Sometimes I feel like thanking her, but then that would be too awkward, for we don't actually believe in saying what we mean to each other. But yeah, She deserves the best in her life, and I know I am not the best. I am still trying to be with her every time she expects me to understand her without even saying a word!

No comments:

Post a Comment